Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Dear Dental Family,
We hope you and your families are safe and healthy during these difficult times. We wanted to update you on how The Art of Dentistry is dealing with the Covid-19 virus pandemic. Governor Holcomb is now allowing dentists to resume seeing their patients for elective treatments as of Monday, April 27, 2020. The Governor will review this order every seven days to make sure that Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) are still available for health care workers fighting Covid-19.
The primary concern on all of our minds is the safety of our patients and our dental team! The CDC, American Dental Association, and Indiana Dental Association have put in place guidelines for us to follow to prevent the spread of the virus and protect our patients and team members. Most of the guidelines have always been a part of our daily practice in the past. The following guidelines will need to be implemented. So, until further notice, the following procedures will be in place:
- Please arrive a few minutes early so that we can take your temperature and have you fill out a supplemental health questionnaire that you will need to sign each time you come in for an appointment. Please wait in your car and call us when you arrive (219-838-0256) to let us know and we will call you when your room is available.
- When we take you to your room where we may ask you to do a pre-operative rinse.
- It is recommended that we keep the number of people in our office to a minimum: therefore, if possible, no one other than the patient is allowed in the operatory.
- Plexiglas barriers in the front office have been installed. Just know this is for your protection and the protection of our team.
- Please do not come into the office if you are exhibiting any symptoms or illness. Call and we can reschedule.
- All magazines have been removed from the waiting room.
- You will be greeted with more PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) than you normally see us in. This is for the protection of all.
- You may notice that you are also escorted back up front to check out. We are doing this to minimize any interactions you may have with other patients.
- We also request that while in the office, you practice social distancing of at least 6 feet.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by the global outbreak. We want you to know that you are part of The Art of Dentistry family and we are here for you. We look forward to seeing you on a normal basis soon. Until then remember…
“Social Distancing” and Wash Your Hands!
The Art of Dentistry
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: